By popular demand, and to celebrate the 2017 Canadian Auto Show, here is a 5 round, 55 question trivia quiz on cars!
10 Valentine’s Day Trivia Questions to entertain your lover…also some joke is supposed to go here, but I couldn’t think of anything that wasn’t filthy.
What did Cole find in Kyra’s box and 9 more trivia questions on “The Sixth Sense”.
Q: What US city is home to Pike Place Market?A: Seattle
How much do you know about pubs?
Chances are many of you readers are taking part of trivia nights held in pubs, or just love going to pubs to socialize and mellow out. Pubs are one of my favorite venues to be at so I thought it is only fitting to have a round of questions dedicated to this sanctuary…this watering hole…this birthplace of nations, ideas and fun times…say thanks to the pub owner on your way out next time.
- What is “pub” short for? – Public House
- Which English Member of Parliament referred to the pub as “the heart of England”? – Samuel Pepys
- What special room was used by patrons who did not want to be seen enjoying a pint in the pub? – Snugs
- Which floor of the Guinness Storehouse houses the Gravity Bar, where tourists can drink a pint of Guinness? – Seventh floor
- Pubs are said to have evolved from what Anglo-Saxon establishment that started to appear in the 5th century? – Alehouses
- Under the English 1830 Beer Act, what was the cost of the licence to sell beer and cider from your own home? – 2 guineas
- A pub that is required to sell beer primarily from a single brewery is typically referred to as what? – Tied house
- The name “gastropub” is derived from what two words? – Gastronomy and pub
- Considered to be the oldest pub in the US, what year was the White Horse Tavern of Rhode Island opened in? – 1673
- Approximately how much more beer would you get in a pint served in the UK compared to one served in the US? – 95 mL
Tie breaker – Which Irish poet said “There are no strangers here; Only friends you have not yet met.” – William Butler Yeats
Have a great Trivia Tuesday!