Hello and welcome to another Weekend Edition of 10 totally random trivia questions, where no theme exists at all. Just enjoy the randomness that is the Random Trivia Generator.
- What is the birth name of actress Paula Prentiss? – Paula Ragusa
- From which state does the US band “The Great Divide” originate? – Oklahoma
- What is the name of the album for which Kendrick Lamar won the 2018 Pulitzer Prize for Music? – “DAMN.”
- In which football league does the team Rigas FS compete in? – Latvian League
- Falcon State is located in which South American country? – Venezuela
- In architecture, what is a “Purlin”? – A horizontal structural member
- The “Chuuk Lagoon”, considered one of the best World War II wreck dive sites, is part of which island nation? – Micronesia
- The “Arenga Micrantha” species of flowering plants is more commonly known as what? – The Tibetan sugar palm
- Popular in the Balkans, what type of beverage is the “Rakia”? – Fruit brandy
- What month is the Calgary Stampede held in? – July
Have a great weekend!
Who makes Shamrock Shakes and 9 more St. Patrick’s Day trivia questions!
How much do you know about pubs?
Chances are many of you readers are taking part of trivia nights held in pubs, or just love going to pubs to socialize and mellow out. Pubs are one of my favorite venues to be at so I thought it is only fitting to have a round of questions dedicated to this sanctuary…this watering hole…this birthplace of nations, ideas and fun times…say thanks to the pub owner on your way out next time.
- What is “pub” short for? – Public House
- Which English Member of Parliament referred to the pub as “the heart of England”? – Samuel Pepys
- What special room was used by patrons who did not want to be seen enjoying a pint in the pub? – Snugs
- Which floor of the Guinness Storehouse houses the Gravity Bar, where tourists can drink a pint of Guinness? – Seventh floor
- Pubs are said to have evolved from what Anglo-Saxon establishment that started to appear in the 5th century? – Alehouses
- Under the English 1830 Beer Act, what was the cost of the licence to sell beer and cider from your own home? – 2 guineas
- A pub that is required to sell beer primarily from a single brewery is typically referred to as what? – Tied house
- The name “gastropub” is derived from what two words? – Gastronomy and pub
- Considered to be the oldest pub in the US, what year was the White Horse Tavern of Rhode Island opened in? – 1673
- Approximately how much more beer would you get in a pint served in the UK compared to one served in the US? – 95 mL
Tie breaker – Which Irish poet said “There are no strangers here; Only friends you have not yet met.” – William Butler Yeats
Have a great Trivia Tuesday!
Every quizmaster needs some coffee, beer, tea, or cider to help the brain juices flow. But how much do you really know about these beverages? Check out our first official 2017 full trivia quiz and test your knowledge. Just click on the beverages above.
Can’t escape the awkward work parties and gift swaps around this time? Feeling broke already? Have a free Christmas quiz to help take your mind off things for a while…and maybe even win some pub bets! Just click on my lovely ornament above.