How much do you remember of 2016? See for yourself by checking out our 2016 Year in Review Quiz.
In 2016 we worked hard to rebrand Random Trivia Generator, inject some color into the site, and bring it into the 21st Century. One of the goals of the rebrand was to make the site more accessible and usable across multiple platforms.
New Design, New Functionality!
The new app was designed to look and feel much like the desktop and mobile versions of the site, with infinite scrolling to keep you entertained for hours with over 17,000 trivia questions (with tons more coming).
This first update in over 3 years includes some user-requested features like:
- Card and List view – ability to toggle between card view or list view to quickly scan through trivia.
- Tap to reveal – in card view the answer is hidden until you tap on the question card.
- Randomly generated quizzes – unlike the current, fixed-length random trivia quiz, you are able to select the number of rounds and questions.
- User-submitted questions – additional functionality to submit single, or multiple questions to our database.
- Category-specific views – scroll through all questions in a specific category
In 2017, we will be working to bring other user-requested features, tons more trivia questions, and improve the general usability of the site and database, so you can focus on entertaining your friends, family and guests, while we take care of the rest.
Enjoy the new Random Trivia Generator app and stay tuned for all the new features we are working on.
Hello, and welcome to another New Comic Book Day trivia round. This round is based on the first dozen, or so issues of Chew. Despite its 60 issues, this series has so much good stuff that I could easily come up with a few more trivia rounds. For now, enjoy this free round where we establish the basics about his life, his friends, his family, and the comic book series in general.
- What year did the Chew comics series debut? – 2009
- Which company publishes the Chew comics series? – Image Comics
- What is Tony Chu’s real name? – Anthony Chu
- What is the only food that cannot give Tony Chu a psychic sensation? – Beets
- Who is Tony Chu’s partner? – John Colby
- What meat is illegal in the Chew comics universe? – Chicken
- Who is Tony’s fraternal twin? – Antonelle Chu
- How many children does Tony have? – One
- Who recruits Tony to the F.D.A.? – Mason Savoy
- What is the name of the infamous chicken fighter that appears throughout the Chew comics series? – Poyo
Tie-breaker: What is the name of Tony Chu’s daughter? – Olive Chu
Image credit: Alpha Coders
Q: What was the Roman equivalent of the Greek god Poseidon?A: Neptune
After recently watching the documentary “Cosmodrome” on Netflix, I felt inspired to look into rocket engines, programs and the race to the Moon in the mid-20th Century. Enjoy this free round of trivia that came from this research.
- What is the name of the first space launch facility? – Baikonur Cosmodrome
- In what present-day country was the first space launch facility located? – Kazakhstan
- Who worked as the lead Soviet rocket engineer during the Space Race between the United States and the Soviet Union? – Sergei Korolev
- Who is credited with inventing the V-2 rocket for Nazi Germany and later the Saturn V rocket for the United States? – Wernher von Braun
- What Soviet operation forced over 2,000 scientists and engineers to relocate from East Germany to Russia to work on missile design and production? – Operation Osoaviakhim
- What operation brought over 1,500 German scientists, engineers and technicians following the end of World War II to the US to aid in military research? – Operation Paperclip
- What year did the Space Race between the United States and the Soviet Union start? – 1955
- Who became the first American in space in 1961? – Alan Shepard
- What is the nationality of the first woman in space? – Soviet/Russian
- What is the name of the first Lunar Module to land on the Moon? – Eagle
Tie-breaker: What was the name of the first US human spaceflight? – Mercury-Redstone 3, aka Freedom 7