Delving Into Obscurity: 11 Trivia Questions on Strangers in Paradise
“Delving Into Obscurity” was an idea I had a while back for especially hard trivia series. For years I added a random question here and there to the database on obscure topics that interested me, but the random nature of the site managed to mask them. With the blog platform fully launched, I thought it was time to start developing the series. From now on “Delving Into Obscurity” will be a regular blog post series featuring a full trivia round of questions on niche topics that interest me personally. If you have ideas for obscure trivia rounds, don’t hesitate to send them to me. After all, everyone has something unique that they are interested in.
For the first post of the series, I decided to focus on a comic book series that is very dear to me – “Strangers in Paradise”. This Terry Moore series has been one of my favorite comic book series for many years, and was the first series that got me hooked on comics that had nothing to do with superheroes. In fact, shortly after I started reading “Strangers in Paradise”, I almost entirely quit superhero comic books. It is that good. So, without much further ado, enjoy this first “Strangers in Paradise” trivia round, as well as the first “Delving Into Obscurity” blog post.
- Who created the comic book series “Strangers in Paradise”? – Terry Moore
- Not including spin-offs or tie-ins, how many issues were released as part of the original series that ended in 2007? – 90
- Despite being referred to as Francine throughout the comic book series, what is this character’s real first name? – Helen
- During a high school play, what item of clothing does Francine struggle to keep on? – Her toga
- What is Katchoo’s full name? – Katina Marie Choovanski
- Where did David and Katchoo first meet? – In a museum
- Early on in the comic book series, what type of car does Freddie brag about driving? – A Porsche
- Shortly after meeting David, which North American city did Katchoo disappear to for 2 months? – Toronto
- What are the nicknames of the twin sisters who work as enforcers for Darcy Parker? – Tambi and Bambi
- Following his split with Francine, who does Freddie Femur marry? – Casey Bullocks
Tie-breaker: Including spin-offs and tie-ins, how many issues were released as part of the original series before its planned end in 2007? – 106
Image credit: Terry Moore via DeviantArt
The 2016 Year in Review Quiz
How much do you remember of 2016? See for yourself by checking out our 2016 Year in Review Quiz.
Introducing the New Random Trivia Generator App
In 2016 we worked hard to rebrand Random Trivia Generator, inject some color into the site, and bring it into the 21st Century. One of the goals of the rebrand was to make the site more accessible and usable across multiple platforms.
Without further ado, we would like to introduce the new Random Trivia Generator app, now available in the App Store and Google Play!
New Design, New Functionality!
The new app was designed to look and feel much like the desktop and mobile versions of the site, with infinite scrolling to keep you entertained for hours with over 17,000 trivia questions (with tons more coming).
This first update in over 3 years includes some user-requested features like:
- Card and List view – ability to toggle between card view or list view to quickly scan through trivia.
- Tap to reveal – in card view the answer is hidden until you tap on the question card.
- Randomly generated quizzes – unlike the current, fixed-length random trivia quiz, you are able to select the number of rounds and questions.
- User-submitted questions – additional functionality to submit single, or multiple questions to our database.
- Category-specific views – scroll through all questions in a specific category
In 2017, we will be working to bring other user-requested features, tons more trivia questions, and improve the general usability of the site and database, so you can focus on entertaining your friends, family and guests, while we take care of the rest.
Enjoy the new Random Trivia Generator app and stay tuned for all the new features we are working on.
Comic Book Wednesdays – Chew Trivia
Hello, and welcome to another New Comic Book Day trivia round. This round is based on the first dozen, or so issues of Chew. Despite its 60 issues, this series has so much good stuff that I could easily come up with a few more trivia rounds. For now, enjoy this free round where we establish the basics about his life, his friends, his family, and the comic book series in general.
- What year did the Chew comics series debut? – 2009
- Which company publishes the Chew comics series? – Image Comics
- What is Tony Chu’s real name? – Anthony Chu
- What is the only food that cannot give Tony Chu a psychic sensation? – Beets
- Who is Tony Chu’s partner? – John Colby
- What meat is illegal in the Chew comics universe? – Chicken
- Who is Tony’s fraternal twin? – Antonelle Chu
- How many children does Tony have? – One
- Who recruits Tony to the F.D.A.? – Mason Savoy
- What is the name of the infamous chicken fighter that appears throughout the Chew comics series? – Poyo
Tie-breaker: What is the name of Tony Chu’s daughter? – Olive Chu
Image credit: Alpha Coders
Q: What was the Roman equivalent of the Greek god Poseidon?A: Neptune