After recently watching the documentary “Cosmodrome” on Netflix, I felt inspired to look into rocket engines, programs and the race to the Moon in the mid-20th Century. Enjoy this free round of trivia that came from this research.
- What is the name of the first space launch facility? – Baikonur Cosmodrome
- In what present-day country was the first space launch facility located? – Kazakhstan
- Who worked as the lead Soviet rocket engineer during the Space Race between the United States and the Soviet Union? – Sergei Korolev
- Who is credited with inventing the V-2 rocket for Nazi Germany and later the Saturn V rocket for the United States? – Wernher von Braun
- What Soviet operation forced over 2,000 scientists and engineers to relocate from East Germany to Russia to work on missile design and production? – Operation Osoaviakhim
- What operation brought over 1,500 German scientists, engineers and technicians following the end of World War II to the US to aid in military research? – Operation Paperclip
- What year did the Space Race between the United States and the Soviet Union start? – 1955
- Who became the first American in space in 1961? – Alan Shepard
- What is the nationality of the first woman in space? – Soviet/Russian
- What is the name of the first Lunar Module to land on the Moon? – Eagle
Tie-breaker: What was the name of the first US human spaceflight? – Mercury-Redstone 3, aka Freedom 7
Q: What book mentions Colin Firth and Hugh Grant who both went on to star in the movie?A: The Bridget Jones's Diary
It’s the day after Trivia Tuesday…middle of the work week. Only 6 more days until another Trivia Tuesday! What to do but read new comic books on this holy of days – Comic Book Wednesday!
I have been in an on-again, off-again relationship with comic books for over 25 years. Break-ups have been rough due to shortage of space, loss of interest, poor story arcs, needless tie-ins, and heavy work load (hey kids, you still want to become an engineer???). But for the re-birth of my second most favorite hobby, I thought it would be nice to tie in another one – comic books. And what better title to tie in than Revival!
So for the revival of Random Trivia Generator and the start of this new blog, enjoy this short Revival themed trivia round:
- Which comic book publisher publishes the “Revival” series? – Image Comics
- What year saw the release of issue #1 of the “Revival” comic book series? – 2012
- What US state is this comics series based in? – Wisconsin
- What is the family name of the brothers who try to sell parts of the revivers? – Check
- Which young girl comes back to life early on in the series? – Jordan Borchardt (bonus points for correct spelling)
- What short name does Dana use to refer to her son? – Coop
- What is the full name of Em Cypress, Dana’s sister and reviver? – Martha Ann Cypress
- What is Em Cypress’ secret? – She is a reviver
- What is the name of Dana and Em’s father? – Wayne Cypress
- This comics series is often described as what genre? – Horror (bonus points for “rural-noir”)
Tie-breaker: What does the abbreviation of Dana’s police team, RCAT, stand for? – Revitalized Citizen Arbitration Team
Until next Wednesday!
Image credit: Alphacoders
Can’t escape the awkward work parties and gift swaps around this time? Feeling broke already? Have a free Christmas quiz to help take your mind off things for a while…and maybe even win some pub bets! Just click on my lovely ornament above.
We are finally in color and mobile! Read some trivia about the Random Trivia Generator!