Trivia Round – Space Race
After recently watching the documentary “Cosmodrome” on Netflix, I felt inspired to look into rocket engines, programs and the race to the Moon in the mid-20th Century. Enjoy this free round of trivia that came from this research.
- What is the name of the first space launch facility? – Baikonur Cosmodrome
- In what present-day country was the first space launch facility located? – Kazakhstan
- Who worked as the lead Soviet rocket engineer during the Space Race between the United States and the Soviet Union? – Sergei Korolev
- Who is credited with inventing the V-2 rocket for Nazi Germany and later the Saturn V rocket for the United States? – Wernher von Braun
- What Soviet operation forced over 2,000 scientists and engineers to relocate from East Germany to Russia to work on missile design and production? – Operation Osoaviakhim
- What operation brought over 1,500 German scientists, engineers and technicians following the end of World War II to the US to aid in military research? – Operation Paperclip
- What year did the Space Race between the United States and the Soviet Union start? – 1955
- Who became the first American in space in 1961? – Alan Shepard
- What is the nationality of the first woman in space? – Soviet/Russian
- What is the name of the first Lunar Module to land on the Moon? – Eagle
Tie-breaker: What was the name of the first US human spaceflight? – Mercury-Redstone 3, aka Freedom 7
The Christmas 2016 Quiz
Can’t escape the awkward work parties and gift swaps around this time? Feeling broke already? Have a free Christmas quiz to help take your mind off things for a while…and maybe even win some pub bets! Just click on my lovely ornament above.
« Previous 1 … 4 5 6