A short trivia round on Canadian Thanksgiving. A few easy and a few hard questions to stump the family with.
I regularly receive e-mails with corrections, some of which are valid, suggestions for alternative answers, ways questions can be misinterpreted and so on. I take each one seriously and I do look into every request. I often have a discussion with users, especially those who are related to people whose names are forever immortalized, and we end up rephrasing questions or sometimes completely eliminating some from the database.
Once in a while, I get such requests submitted as questions. I take these seriously as well, but I cannot have discussions with the users who submitted these because there is no way to contact them back. When you submit a question, this site does not capture any private details, just the question you submit. Therefore, I have decided to publish some responses publicly now in the hopes that the user sees the response. There won’t be many of these posts since these submissions are rare, but here goes it…random response #2.
I received the following from a user (there are no edits):
“question” : “You suck”
“answer” : “Because your answere on how many states start with O days 4”
Like with all other submission, I took this one seriously and dug through over 3,000 geography questions. With all the database filtering options I have at my disposal, I was able to narrow down the questions that contain the words “states” and “O” to roughly 100. I read each one and the question pertaining to the states starting with the letter “O” has the correct answer:
“question” : “How many US states begin with the letter “O”?”
“answer” : “Three – Ohio, Oklahoma, and Oregon”
I also found this question:
“question” : “How many US states end with the letter “O”?”
“answer” : “Four”
I believe that the user may have misread the question, because both of these are correct. Or if the database indeed has an incorrect question/answer on this topic, and my filtering completely missed it, please let me know. When you do, please include a screenshot of the card so that I can find the exact question and answer.
Another geography round. This time it is countries starting with a C…..C for Christmas!
Our Random Trivia Generator database finally surpassed 20,000 questions. To celebrate this achievement here is a 20 question quiz round revolving around the number 20!
Hello and welcome to another Weekend Edition of 10 totally random trivia questions, where no theme exists at all. Just enjoy the randomness that is the Random Trivia Generator.
- What is the birth name of actress Paula Prentiss? – Paula Ragusa
- From which state does the US band “The Great Divide” originate? – Oklahoma
- What is the name of the album for which Kendrick Lamar won the 2018 Pulitzer Prize for Music? – “DAMN.”
- In which football league does the team Rigas FS compete in? – Latvian League
- Falcon State is located in which South American country? – Venezuela
- In architecture, what is a “Purlin”? – A horizontal structural member
- The “Chuuk Lagoon”, considered one of the best World War II wreck dive sites, is part of which island nation? – Micronesia
- The “Arenga Micrantha” species of flowering plants is more commonly known as what? – The Tibetan sugar palm
- Popular in the Balkans, what type of beverage is the “Rakia”? – Fruit brandy
- What month is the Calgary Stampede held in? – July
Have a great weekend!