Hello and welcome to another round of totally random trivia questions and answers to kick start your day and your early weekend. Like the Random Trivia Generator website, there is no theme, just 10 random questions and answers. Oh, and one last thing – some of these questions are quite difficult.
- What 2010 horror novel by Jeff Strand was nominated for a Bram Stoker Award? – Dweller
- West Swan is a suburb in which Australian city? – Perth
- What sport is Tucker Dupree associated with? – Swimming
- The Oshawa Generals is a junior ice hockey team located in what country? – Canada
- What country is Dinish Island a part of? – Ireland
- On what American network were you able to watch the TV show “The Beatles” from 1965 until 1969? – ABC
- Prior to joining the revived “Top Gear” TV series in 2003, what year did James May co-host the original “Top Gear” series? – 1999
- In which country would you find the Gruta Canabrava cave? – Brazil
- What fast food businessman does Michael Keaton portray in the 2016 film “The Founder”? – Ray Kroc
- Which Russian novelist wrote the short story “The Queen of Spades”? – Alexander Pushkin
Enjoy the weekend!
Every quizmaster needs some coffee, beer, tea, or cider to help the brain juices flow. But how much do you really know about these beverages? Check out our first official 2017 full trivia quiz and test your knowledge. Just click on the beverages above.
Hello and welcome to another installment of the New Comics Day trivia round. This week the trivia round is on the comic book creators…the writers, the artists, the inkers, the publishers, the people who are overshadowed by their own creations. Why? Because I drove by Joe Shuster Way not too long ago. Enjoy!
- Which DC Comics character is Joe Shuster best known for co-creating? – Superman
- Who was Joe’s co-creator for this popular DC Comics character? – Jerry Siegel
- Comic book writer and artist Jack Kirby, was given what name at birth? – Jacob Kurtzberg
- Marvel Comics was acquired by which major media and entertainment company in 2009? – The Walt Disney Company
- Alan Moore co-created which antihero that first appeared in an 1985 issue of “The Saga of the Swamp Thing”? – John Constantine
- Which producer on the TV show “Lost” co-created the comic book series “Y: The Last Man”? – Brian K. Vaughan
- What company publishes “The Walking Dead” comic book series? – Image Comics
- What year did Frank Miller publish the comic book series “300”? – 1998
- The “Eisner Award” is named after which influential cartoonist and writer? – Will Eisner
- Art Spiegelman is best known for his creation of which graphic novel? – Maus
Tie-breaker: In which North American city would you find Joe Shuster Way? – Toronto
Until next round!
Hello and welcome to a round of totally random trivia questions and answers to kick-start your day and your early weekend. Like the Random Trivia Generator website, there is no theme, just 10 random questions and answers. Oh, and one last thing – some of these questions are quite difficult.
- The Koson District is a district in the Qashqadaryo Region of which country? – Uzbekistan
- What country does the rock band “Enter Shikari” originate from? – England
- Dogteeth tetras are a family of freshwater fishes native to what continent? – South America
- What US state is home to the “One Shell Square” skyscraper? – Louisiana
- Which brotherly duo created the comic book series “Ultra”? – The Luna Brothers
- What year was the Norwegian non-profit organization, “Norse Federation” founded? – 1907
- The “Ugu Youth” radio station is broadcast in which African country? – South Africa
- The “Bodansky Unit”, now an obsolete unit, used to measure the concentration of what in the blood stream? – Alkaline phosphatase
- Jurgen Rumor, a former professional soccer player, hails from what European country? – Germany
- The “Port Malabar Invitational” golf tournament was last played in what year? – 1969
Enjoy the weekend!
“Delving Into Obscurity” was an idea I had a while back for especially hard trivia series. For years I added a random question here and there to the database on obscure topics that interested me, but the random nature of the site managed to mask them. With the blog platform fully launched, I thought it was time to start developing the series. From now on “Delving Into Obscurity” will be a regular blog post series featuring a full trivia round of questions on niche topics that interest me personally. If you have ideas for obscure trivia rounds, don’t hesitate to send them to me. After all, everyone has something unique that they are interested in.
For the first post of the series, I decided to focus on a comic book series that is very dear to me – “Strangers in Paradise”. This Terry Moore series has been one of my favorite comic book series for many years, and was the first series that got me hooked on comics that had nothing to do with superheroes. In fact, shortly after I started reading “Strangers in Paradise”, I almost entirely quit superhero comic books. It is that good. So, without much further ado, enjoy this first “Strangers in Paradise” trivia round, as well as the first “Delving Into Obscurity” blog post.
- Who created the comic book series “Strangers in Paradise”? – Terry Moore
- Not including spin-offs or tie-ins, how many issues were released as part of the original series that ended in 2007? – 90
- Despite being referred to as Francine throughout the comic book series, what is this character’s real first name? – Helen
- During a high school play, what item of clothing does Francine struggle to keep on? – Her toga
- What is Katchoo’s full name? – Katina Marie Choovanski
- Where did David and Katchoo first meet? – In a museum
- Early on in the comic book series, what type of car does Freddie brag about driving? – A Porsche
- Shortly after meeting David, which North American city did Katchoo disappear to for 2 months? – Toronto
- What are the nicknames of the twin sisters who work as enforcers for Darcy Parker? – Tambi and Bambi
- Following his split with Francine, who does Freddie Femur marry? – Casey Bullocks
Tie-breaker: Including spin-offs and tie-ins, how many issues were released as part of the original series before its planned end in 2007? – 106
Image credit: Terry Moore via DeviantArt